Re: [Hampshire] [Geeky] Semaphores and shared libraries...

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Geeky] Semaphores and shared libraries...
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 08 at 11:02, Vic wrote:
> > What language are you using?
>
> Forth. And as I'm the one porting the compiler, there's no help to be had
> from upstream...
>
> > Are you getting a compilation or linking error?
>
> Neither; I want to load up a shared library to get at the functions with
> dlopen() and dlsym(), but I can't find the symbols in any libraries.

The symbols you want are in the library libpthread.so.0 I found mine
in /lib

Should be part of the standard sys-libs/glibc package installed on every
system I guess.

A get you going for testing would be to statically link against
libpthread.a while yo test the threading. Might be easier to debug
than a dynamic linked lib.

--
        Bob Dunlop