[Hampshire] Putty Issue

Author: Alastair Biggs
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Putty Issue

Hi Guys

I am trying to connect to my Debian box via windows using Putty currently both machines are having there i.p credentials assigned through DHCP. Currently I can connect to the Debian box using SSH by entering the i.p address of the Debian machine.

I currently have a few issues which I would like to get to the bottom of firstly rlogin isn't working When I attempt to connect to my Debian machine I am greeted briefly by the terminal screen then it suddenly disapeers. Am I missing a daemon? or am I right in guessing that the router or stupid windows firewall is block port 534, ( open-sshsever ) is installed.

Second Problem

My Debian box has the hostname Shinobi ( Well that's what it tell's me when I enter hostname -a in the cli )

When I attempt to connect using this hostname using the Xtra problems box it won't connect am I right in saying that I need to edit a config file in Debian to define my hostname?

Many Thanks

Ally

http://www.searchgamesbox.com