Re: [Hampshire] More 64-bit goodness...

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] More 64-bit goodness...
Hi,

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 at 01:04:06AM -0000, Vic wrote:
> I've got a 64-bit Ubuntu installation, and I've got a 32-bit app running
> on it quite nicely (thanks to Hugo's suggestion of ia32-libs).
>
> Now I want to link against libmysql - unfortunately, the library installed
> by apt-get is the 64-bit version, and I can't use that :-(
>
> Is there a slappy way to install the 32-bit version?

Here are some nice articles:

Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I guess that, if you're in Microsoft's shoes, it makes sense. If you
can't write software or protocols that can stably walk and chew gum,
program in a limit that prevents the user from telling it to do so.
-- Jonathan Patschke, on limitations in Active Directory