Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but …

Author: Stuart Matheson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Macbook Air (ok, it's not factory linux but you can install it)

> Speaking of sofas, my colleague once sat on his Dell D600 - he's no
> lightweight either - and it was still in service right up until it was
> replaced 18 months or so later, despite looking like it had done a
> tour
> of duty in Iraq.
>
> I don't reckon the Air would hack it in that department, from what I
> have seen.
>
> Sean

I didn't realise that "surviving being sat on" was part of the design
spec for laptops nowadays :) Although my dad managed to break a
couple of PDAs doing that.

My cousin is a techie and deals with people in the State government
(in South Australia) and I think he's had a few laptop returns due to
crushing. Oh, the other thing the politicians like to do is slam the
lid shut without realising they've left a pen on the keyboard.
Supposedly the liquid from the LCD makes a mess of everything else.
Perhaps we should all be looking at those Panasonic toughbooks?

Stu.