RE: [Hampshire] Tux Droid

Author: Mark Johnson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: RE: [Hampshire] Tux Droid
> Oh this thing's starting to sound like the ultimate programmer's toy! I'm
> a massive Python fan, so I'm wondering what version & Python libs it
> carries..
>
> What's its battery life like?

I don't know what the "official" line is on the battery life, but I've had
him on and been tinkering pretty much all day (including accidentally
making him read 74 emails in a row, don't ask), and his battery still
reports as "good". From what I've viewed of the battery monitor he doesn't
use much power at all when idling, so it's really down to what you have
him doing. FWIW, talking and flapping the wings seem to consume the most
power. He can still be used while plugged in using the mobile phone-style
adapter (more compact than most, in fact), except that he wont spin around
since that'd tangle the cable.

I'll probably know more by the weekend once I've had a chance to play some
more.

Mark