Re: [Hampshire] Vista, virtualbox and DD..

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Vista, virtualbox and DD..
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 10:11:39PM +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
>    I sat down at a Vista workstation with a colleague in our undergrad
> labs a little while ago. Within 5 minutes of simply playing with the
> desktop, Rich had got the machine into a state that needed a reboot...

>    Anecdotal, but fairly damning nevertheless.

I installed Vista Business Edition on my pretty bog standard Dell laptop. I
was surprised to find that it didn't find the sound card and I had to go to
dells website to get a driver.

That said the suspend/resume stuff works very well.

Although it only lasted on that machine for a matter of days before it
annoyed me enough to reinstall ubuntu over the top (which found the sound
card and all the other hardware).

Cheers,
Al.