Re: [Hampshire] Web Content Management systems

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Web Content Management systems
On Wednesday 06 February 2008 19:50:18 Roger Munford wrote:
> I have been asked to provide a multi-lingual version of a German web
> site and at the same time throw in a web content manager. Not having had
> experience in this field I have only heard of one Joomla. Is this the OS
> standard? Can I go wrong if I spend some time learning it.?

Alfresco[1] has a WCM module which is quite good, plus the base
product provides a full document management solution as well, so
it has a lot more features than 'just' a WCM system. Whether this is
a good thing or a bad thing depends on the situation.

NB: I've just got back from an Alfresco WCM training course in
    Amsterdam, so my views may be slightly biased.

[1] http://www.alfresco.com

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???