[Hampshire] HantsLUG 10th anniversary

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] HantsLUG 10th anniversary
"...
The group is dedicated to the advancing of Linux knowledge for the
members of the group. We want to pass on our personal knowledge to
fellow members in the group and get our personal questions answered.
Also we are in the process of organising a few meetings so we can
thrash out any Linux funnies we have found.

The first get together is in the pipeline and will probably be in a
Public House with, of course, GOOD ALE!! A calling notice will be
posted in both the u.c.o.l. and c.o.l.a. NGs.
..."

That's how the existence of this LUG was announced in May 1998. That
means that this May is Hampshire LUG's 10th birthday. It would be nice
to celebrate the milestone so now's the time to start planning! There
was a brief chat at the last meeting and the suggestions included:

* A "special push" meeting, inviting members from other LUGs to attend
* Meeting with external and/or unusual speakers.
* Cake!
* LUG meeting followed by a evening in a pub/restaurant.
* Delaying celebrations until the summer and having an anniversary BBQ.
* Visit to the computing museum.
* A trip to the seaside.

Please voice your support for any of the above or make any alternative
suggestions! This may be a variation on existing activities or something
totally random.

Let's make it something a bit special. Not many LUGs make the grand old
age of 10!

Tony