Re: [Hampshire] WiFi problems

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Alan Pope, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WiFi problems
Thanks Alan, I am a little confused though. The path you quote can't be
found on my Ubuntu box. Nor on the Windows boxes.

The problem I have been experiencing is affecting my Windows XP boxes, but I
don't think it is the set up on them as they quite happily connect to the
Works wifi and to my own at home. The issue has developed a little too.
Another guest has arrived with an Ubuntu PC, and it too is experiencing
problems connecting - even though it can see the network! It looks like the
router is not responding to the hand-shake. I have suggested to the other
guest to try installing wpa-supplicant. WPA is not actually being used, but
I know it is on my own Ubuntu system, and I doubt that she has it. You never
know - it might work!

None the less I remain open to more ideas and suggestions.

Thanks again,

Kelvin