Re: [Hampshire] VRIFY

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VRIFY

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56f58100.hantslug.org.uk.7783': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Feb 18 17:15:35 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Ottavio,

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 05:39:48PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> I don't think that enabling VRFY will actually enable users verification
> on a mail server.

It depends on if your relay is doing user verification by issuing a
VRFY command or a RCPT command. If it's not using VRFY then no
there does not seem to be any point. Other than that, I don't know
if Exchange actually supports VRFY or if it continues to return "OK"
to everything.

The recipient verification in Exim for example uses RCPT so I don't
think this will help.

Ask Microsoft for the support you've paid for?

Cheers,
Andy