Re: [Hampshire] Be Broadband anyone?

Top Page
Author: Jon Fautley
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Be Broadband anyone?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57712100.hantslug.org.uk.31810': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Feb 21 10:05:47 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 9111B5743CA26D44
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:51:17 +0000
Dominic Cleal <domnews@???> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:53:37 +0000, Stephen Davies wrote:
> > Has any LUG member/lurker got a broadband connections from Be
> > Broadband? with virgin, bt (
> > http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/18/2033202 ) etc going
> > to start inserting targeted ads into your HTTP stream , I'm looking
> > for an alternative supplier.
> > They advertise up to 24megs using ADSL2+ connections. Does this work
> > and how far are you from the exchange etc?
>
> I recently moved to a Be connection and it's working well. The
> distance to the exchange is about 1km as the crow flies and the
> connection is stable at around 13Mbps. Setup was prompt and easy - no
> complaints yet.

Same here. I'm about 2km as the crow flies, getting 13-15Mbps down,
and about 1.6-1.8 upstream. Support over the 'phone is pretty pants,
but bearable. Support via their ticketing system has always been good
for me.

If you do wanna sign up, let me know and I can refer you, and we both
get a month free ;)

/j

P.S. This email is in no way associated with my employer. The views
expressed above are my own, and in no way reflect any endorsement or
recommendation on behalf of Red Hat. </legal>
--
Jon Fautley RHCE, RHCX               email: jfautley@???
Senior Consultant                    cell :     +44 7841 558683