[Hampshire] OT: Bill Gates on digital freedom

Author: Jack Knight
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] OT: Bill Gates on digital freedom
I've heard it all now - this has to be a strong contender for hypocrite
of the century!

Bill Gates: "any developed society needs digital freedom" - speaking to
students at Stamford Uni,

http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29442/Bill-Gates-Internet-censorship-doomed-to-failure

This, from the man largely responsible for development of an OS [vista]
in which the majority of new features are designed to restrict "digital
freedom" (DRM).

Whilst I agree with him that attempting to censor the Internet is doomed
to failure, I find this quote absolutely breathtaking!

TGI Friday. I need a drink after reading that.

jfk