Re: [Hampshire] Re: Application installers

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: Application installers
> If one distributes source code software, one can
> quite easily write the software to be one source code base for all
> platforms. This is the way the Linux world have approached the
> multiple platform problem and it is a very neat and cheap solution to
> the problem.

Once again you miss the point.

The packaging situation that has defeated me is for an open-source library.

I am trying to distribute source.

It is not a binary-only distribution.

Are we clear on that bit?

The problem I have is that I cannot build a Debian source package without
modifying the tarball I get from upstream. So there won't be a Debian
source package.

The source RPM will be available as soon as I get back to work (it's only
absent from the FTP site by accident - I thought I'd already published
it).

Vic.