Re: [Hampshire] script to identify C function prototypes in …

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] script to identify C function prototypes in header files?

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> It depends what you want to do with the list.

All I want to do is generate a list of functions which are defined in a
set of header files (ideally in a plain text on line per function form,
though space, tab or comma separated would also be fine) I don't need (or
want) the whole prototype just the function names, and I also don't want
anything else like structure definitions, enums etc. which might be defined
in the headers.

> "cscope" is a good tool.

It is, but also hugely overkill and I'm not sure it will do quite what I
want.

Andy