Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] "Can't live without..."
On Friday 07 Mar 2008, Imran Chaudhry wrote:
> vim - I use this for coding everyday, sod an IDE :-) Just what
> can't vim do? Debian Etch + Samba - installed on my Slug (NSLU2)
> and serving media. It's been very reliable and Just Works.
> Xbox Media Center - just amazed me when I first saw it. Some people
> say of FLOSS "fast, good, cheap - pick two" this hits all three.
> The Linux port currently underway should make it significantly more
> accepted.
>
> most of all I can't live without...
>
> Ubuntu - I use it everyday and can almost do away with Windows XP
> except I need to sync my Palm Treo 650 now and then. I'm starting
> to see exciting things where Ubuntu is being used as the core of a
> specilized distro (Mediabuntu etc) - something predicted by Mark
> Shuttleworth in his LugRadio interview years ago.

I sync my Palm Treo 650 very happily with JPilot over USB. It's been
working fine ever since I got the Treo a couple of years back. I'd be
happy to help if you have problems. One advantage (unless Windows has
caught up) is that it sets the time on the Treo from the Linux PC,
which can be very accurate if you're running NTP.

ATB, Peter