Re: [Hampshire] LVM mirroring without software RAID

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Richard Brown
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] LVM mirroring without software RAID
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 at 10:11:10PM +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM, Adam Trickett
> <adam.trickett@???> wrote:
> > Anyone know how?
>
> For some reason this doesn't seem to be linked from the lvm2 "homepage" but:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/index.html
>
> specifically:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/en-US/RHEL510/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/mirrored_volumes.html

Cool, I see how it works now. I don't suppose any one is running a
system like this, or knows if any of the installers can do this
out of the box?

I'd be happy to prep my file system first before I put the
system on it with an installer, but it would be nice to do it
directly from the Debian installer.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
but that's no reason not to give it
    -- Agatha Christie