Re: [Hampshire] Netgear router problems with NSLU2

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netgear router problems with NSLU2
Rob Malpass wrote:

> [...]

I set mine up from my Ubuntu machine using the upslug package to upload
the firmware when I flashed it back to the original OS to sell it on,
and the instructions here [1] to get Debian on it in the first place.
IIRC there was a bug in the version of Debian ARM for the NSLU2 which
meant I had to use a manual method to set it up originally, but that has
since been corrected.

Either way, the instructions here worked well.

>     The other thing to try is the little reset buttton on the NSLU2
>     itself.   Of course retailers would never sell used goods as
>     new.... or would they!

Yup, had to use that on occasion.

Not sure if a retailer would sell a used item as new, or indeed if they
are allowed to, but as Iunderstand it they are permitted to
repair/replace faulty goods with kit that has been out to a customer and
been returned and refurbished. Not sure how you'd spot the difference
unless it was obvious though.

Sean

[1] http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html