Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Buying RAM

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Buying RAM
On Tuesday 18 March 2008 09:35:28 Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:37:28 +0000
> Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:
>
> Hello Tim,
>
> > there web site and you can run a little program which will identify
> > your mb and tell you how much and what type of ram can be installed,
> > unfortunately it does not work with linux
>
> But if you know the mobo brand/model number, you can still use the site
> to determine what options are available to you.
>
> If you don't know, it's time to get a screwdriver out, and look inside
> the box. :-)

While you may know the m\b you may not know what capcity it can hold or what
type of module it can take. Running the small activeX program (and I found
out you can download a standalone version), it will tell you what the maximum
capcity of each slot and the type of memory modules it can take as well.

Tim