Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ntl set top boxes

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ntl set top boxes
On Friday 21 March 2008 10:48:46 Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Anybody know anything about stange ntl Pace set top box behaviour? I've
> googled around and already got a "technician" out (tomorrow would you
> believe!) but the stb is behaving very oddly - makes me think some sort of
> reset (beyond the obvious power cycling) might be the answer.
>
> The box has 3 yellow leds (top, middle, bottom) on the right of the display
> and the 4 character display itself. Behaviour is as follows:
>
> Power on then...
>
> Bottom LED on - nothing on display
> Bottom LED off - still nothing on display
> Top LED on - nothing on display
> "PACE" displayed and no LEDs on
> Nothing on display and No LEDs
>
> The entire sequence takes about 10 seconds. Repeat sequence for about 12
> hours until either a) it works perfectly or b) it locks on one channel and
> refuses to accept any commands (either from remote control or the buttons
> on the front of the box itself) requiring a power cycle and I'm back to
> square one.
>
> As I say, I have an engineer coming out tomorrow so no great problem (and
> broadband is fine and no local problems according to their customer
> services) but I thought I'd ask in case we have some knowledge on here.
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Don't have a Pace boy anymore, was upgraded to a Samsung box (Pace boxes are
only good for 2mb broadband apparently). You could always ask over here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/

There are a few Virgin (NTL\C&W\Nynex\Blue Yonders) bods on the forum, must
admit though I have not been on the forum for a long time so can't say how
good it is now.

Tim