Re: [Hampshire] Remote desktop options.

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Remote desktop options.
For auto-login, there are various methods, several are documented here:

http://doc.freevo.org/BootFreevo

I use the first solution on that page for my media centre (editing
inittab), so that on power up it runs the media centre software and X to
provide a display on the TV.

That should sort any problem with having an existing login available. This
can be a non-root user to provide safety.

Cheers.

Steve.