Re: [Hampshire] Persuading a school to start using FOSS

Author: Alan Bell
To: craig, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Persuading a school to start using FOSS
Hi Craig,

I was speaking to the Principal of Alton college just yesterday about
their use of Moodle as their VLE. They have been using it for 4 years
and have been investing it its development which is great. Edubuntu is
nice, my kids use it but they are a bit younger (primary age). It has
some neat tricks like the linux terminal server where you can install it
on one PC and set a bunch of other workstations to boot from the network.
I would be happy to visit the school and demo some software and talk
about the educational benefits of Free and Open source!

Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre