Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hants server experiencing problems
(sent to the wrong address last night. Backups still restoring, it's
restored 1561MB/1700MB ish. should get core bits back tonight)

Andy Smith (of lug.org.uk fame and also a Hants LUG member) has kindly
offered us a virtual machine on bitfolk.com.

I've accepted his offer as he does a great job of looking after them
(resource graphs, backups etc) and the hardware will be better (RAID
disks!)

We are currently restoring the backups to the box but that'll take
6-13 hours. I hope to get some stuff back tomorrow night (namely the
wikis) but it might take a bit longer until all services are restored.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux - the maintainable distribution -*- www.debian.org