[Hampshire] Trouble finding wireless card or webcam on new l…

Author: Adam Cripps
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Trouble finding wireless card or webcam on new laptop install.
I've got a novatech laptop on which I have installed Ubuntu 7.10.

Most things are working, apart from the webcam and the wireless card.
When I go to System -> Admin -> Network, the wireless card is missing.
So I'm guessing Ubuntu hasn't seen the wireless card.

When I searched for a fix it was suggested to look at lshw and
determine the wireless card from that. However, when I look at lshw I
can't see anything meaningful.

I've posted the output of lshw at
http://monkeez.org/linux/squeak-lshw.txt - can someone have a quick
look and see if they can see either the webcam or the wireless card?

Thanks in advance.
Adam
--
http://www.monkeez.org