Re: [Hampshire] Personal wiki experience?

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Personal wiki experience?
Richard Danter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> At work we use TWiki and though it can be a little tricky finding
> everything it does seem to be very useful.
>
> I was wondering about using something similar to organise my notes. I
> guess I could install TWiki on my laptop but I don't really want to
> install a web server. It may be a little heavyweight anyway. I want
> something that is simple to set up and maintain and that includes any
> dependencies it may have. I don't want to suddenly find I left some
> gaping security hole because I forgot some setting in a server.
>
> Does anyone do something similar and have any suggestions of things I
> may want to try, or maybe that I should avoid?
>
> It would also be neat if there was a way to easily move notes to/from
> the company TWiki both so I have it available when on the road or,
> going the other way, because there is something I want to share.

Not sure about the migration aspects but tiddlywiki has been discussed
at length here in the past and it is great as a personal wiki tool. It
is essentially a single html file so no web server required. A slight
learning curve to crest, but once that is achieved you will find it
themeable, flexible, portable. Recommended.

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

Sean