Re: [Hampshire] [OT] USB mass storage device camera

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] USB mass storage device camera
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:49:06 +0100
Tim <xendistar@???> wrote:

> I am looking for a basic point and shoot digital camera which when
> connnected to a PC appears as a USB mass storage device as opposed
> to a PTP camera, anybody got any suggestions.

I don't know if my Fuji S5600 meets your "basic point & shoot"
criteria but it was reasonably cheap bought direct from Fuji as
'returned stock' and quality is OK for me.

I plug in the usb cable, switch on and issue command
<mount /dev/sda1 /media>*

I then use mc to find any pics in /media/dcim/

once they are copied or removed from the card, umount it and switch
off before removing the cable.

I started off using the supplied windows software but soon found I
didn't need it.

*I don't have a fancy desktop that pops up a desktop icon when usb
devices plugged in

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server