Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] May and June meetings

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Hugo Mills wrote:

>>> Then CAcert rules don't allow an assurance to be made, I'm afraid.
>>
>> Ah well, that counts me out then :(
>>
>> I appreciate "thems the rulez" and not something you have any control
>> over, but it seems rather restrictive to me. I've never had more than one
>> form of Government issue ID and I can't be the only one in that situation.
>
> Passport and birth certificate?

Hmmm, I hadn't considered a birth certificate, I guess I do have one of
those, though I have no idea where... well ok some idea, it's probably in
one of the numerous boxes of papers that came from my parents house when
it was cleared.

Does it really count as a form of ID though? I don't recall ever being
asked for it as such, though I guess it's probably I had to for my first
passport, but that was 25 years ago...

I'd have though getting duplicate copies of Birth Certificates was rather
too easy to make it a good form of ID? But if the CAcert rules allow it
then maybe I'll try to hunt mine down (or just order a duplicate).

Andy