Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought

Author: Jim Nicholson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Router/Modem Recommendation sought
On 13/05/2008, AdamC <kabads@???> wrote:

> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 11:13 PM, John Cooper <lug@???>
> wrote:
> > Tim wrote:

> ghost.

> I have recently been looking at the Linksys WAG54G partly because it
> is work in progress on the openwrt project- is this is a good (albeit
> older) ADSL router? Anyone with any experience of it?
> Adam
>
> I have a WAG54G which I am reasonable happy with, it runs continuously

(unless I am going away for a few days, when I will switch the PCs and
router off). It does lock up occassionaly, needing to be powered off and
back on again - I haven't worked out what the cause of the problem is and I
haven't looked to see if there is a firmware update available. I also don't
use the WAP on it as I have an existing 3com access point that I use, plus
the WAP on the router is the wrong side of my firewall pc.

It was bought because my old SMC Barracuda router started playing up and BT
suggested that the problem was probably my router rather than their ADSL, so
I got a replacement router to see.

Jim