Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug server shell access.

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hantslug server shell access.
On Mon, 19 May 2008 21:48:11 +0100
Adrian Bridgett <adrian@???> wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 18:51:23 +0100 (+0100), Philip Stubbs wrote:
> > I am not sure who I should be speaking to about this, but I am
> > getting an error when trying to log into the hantslug server via
> > ssh.
> >
> > ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
> >
> > Has something changed since the problems with Debian's sshd?
>
> That'd be Tony or myself. I may have removed any non-good ssh keys
> (i.e. ones which were tagged as compromised or "unknown"). You
> should still be able to login with password (and reinstate
> authorized_keys _if_ you know your key is fine).

I can ssh to my shell account OK but it doesn't recognise the
password I used to use. As expected I had to remove the old key from
my ~/.ssh/known_hosts file first.

If I don't need a shell account to continue using my hantslug email
address (used only for the LUG mailing list) it can actually be
deleted.

--
John Lewis
using Debian plus windowmaker for a desktop I can live with