Re: [Hampshire] Favorite lightweight windows managers

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Favorite lightweight windows managers
Stuart Sears wrote:
> Damian Brasher wrote:
>> What are the list members favorite lightweight window managers?

> I use thunar for my filemanager - I have yet to find another filemanager
> with the same multiple rename capabilities that is as fast and easy to
> use. (fairly high praise actually, from a former konqueror addict)
> That element of XFCE is top dollar.

What great weather - managed to paddle around Calshot beach for a few
hours in my Kayak for the first time this year!

As a heavy nautilus user I am really pleased to find a light-weight
filemanager with a similar degree of quality and features. I have even
moved my Laptop, which is more than powerful enough to cope with Gnome, to
Xfce and the performance increase is noticeable even with a Core 2 Duo and
Intel AGP card.

> Now, if only I could work out how to set up single-click activation on
> an XFCE desktop I might even be convinced to try it again. :)

It is possible via the Xfce Settings Manager; go to the Xfce main menu and
you will find the settings manager under settings. Select file manager
then the behavior tab where navigation has two options and one of these is
single click activation, I use this myself.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Take the free archive risk assessment survey: