[Hampshire] Intertext IX6 and a Zen /29 DSL line - config is…

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Intertext IX6 and a Zen /29 DSL line - config issues
Hi,
    We have a /29 block on a Zen DSL line and the intertex IX66
we bought some time ago for this line has never worked correctly.

Currently we are using a not exactly stable and old ZoomX3 and I was
wondering if anyone here has ever configured the IX66 up with more than
one IP.

Config for one IP is noddy - multiple IP seems to have about 4 or so
different config options (with many permutations) and every one I have
tried has resulted in a dead router that only hard reset would fix.

As I say I *know* he link is OK because the cheap and nasty Zoom
works, but it is dying and while new DSL kit is on order I do not
want to take the risk that we lose the line.

So, any comments re IX66 config very welcome.

Jacqui

p.s. Please do not recommend new kit - I am not in the purchase loop
for this and new (decent) Kit has already been ordered.