Re: [Hampshire] Rsync question

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Rsync question
Tim wrote:
> (1)error text here http://www.windfreaks.co.uk/myimages/rsyncerror.txt
> (2) outputlog file http://www.windfreaks.co.uk/myimages/rsync_log
>
> I am not to worried about it deleting from the receiving zunk to reflect
> changes made in the sending zunk because once I have this working properly I
> will delete the receiving zunk from the back file anyway (hence the exclude)
>
> Any thoughts on the errors??

It says "read only filesystem" so your filesystem has been mounted
read-only, or you do not have permission to access it. This could happen
if you mounted your filesystem as root on the command line and are
trying to access it as a normal user. This often happens with FAT32
filesystems. Check permissions on the device node or the settings in
/etc/fstab. Normally your distro should handle mounting this kind of
device with the correct permissions though.

Tony