Re: [Hampshire] Rsync question

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Rsync question
Tim wrote:

> The drive is mounted by me as a user and has full read write access, the
> command is run by me as a user. Here is the corresponding line in my fstab
> file (its listed in the dynamic section)
>
> /dev/sdc1 /mnt/sdc1 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0

OK, my next best guess is that your target filesystem is full then.

> The files I mentioned with the odd ending, these are not viewable anywhere,
> they are only listed when rsync runs.

Do they show up in the output of "ls -la" ?

> Should I run fsck on sdc1 to see if it picks up any odd files?? if so what is
> the best options??

The chances are those files were legitimately created by an rsync
process which didn't complete for some reason. I doubt a fsck will do
anything with them. The best bet would be to delete them using the
delete option including hidden files.

Tony