Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux
Quoting Jack Knight <jack.knight@???>:

> m.nuttall@??? wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I unfortunately need to use internet explorer to buy my wanderers season
> ticket
> > through their website. I have tried every year to use firefox but with no
> > success.
> >
> > I have a distant memory that internet explorer has been installed/ran on
> linux
> > before and so thought it owuld be a good time to try and get it installed.
> >
> > Has anyone else tried this before?
> > Is it reasonably easy for a novice to get going?
> >

> Hi Martin.
>
> ies4linux has always worked for me in those few situations where idiots
> have constructed websites which depend on IE being used.
>
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> Good luck.

Not absolutely easy after all:

linux-l5ed:~ # whoami
root
linux-l5ed:~ # rpm --import http://software.opensuse.org/openSUSE-Build-Service.asc
error: http://software.opensuse.org/openSUSE-Build-Service.asc: import read
failed(-1).

Got it running by installing things through yast instead.
Then it was easy :)

BTW can you run 3 types of internet explorer via this installer?
It seems to imply it in the installer. Dont think you can run 3 versions
of IE in windows.

thanks for the help group

Martin N