Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Internet Explorer on Linux
At 09:42 27/06/2008, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:23 PM, <m.nuttall@???> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I unfortunately need to use internet explorer to buy my wanderers
> season ticket
> > through their website. I have tried every year to use firefox but with no
> > success.
>
>What about the site is preventing you accessing it with Firefox? If
>you post the URL, maybe we can have a look, find out how why it's
>blocking non IE access.

Its part of the renewal of my season ticket i can only get so far and
then it wont get any further. I cant remember the details as i only
do it once a year.
The rest of the site seems to work ok in opera or Firefox although i don't go
there very often as the site is rather poorly designed.

>A lot of browser detection works on the user agent string - have you
>tried changing this in firefox to replicate a windows IE machine?
>(http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1135/firefox_change_user_agents_access_content)

No i haven't tried that. I am thinking of changing user agents in
Firefox and opera
since reading in pcpro magazine about malware checking the user agent string
then targeting its infection to work on what browser it encounters.

If you are bored you can poke around with some fake details maybe
http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/

Most fans refer to it as the offish webshite since its pretty poor.

Martin N