Re: [Hampshire] July meeting - new venue and date

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] July meeting - new venue and date

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x585f5100.hantslug.org.uk.16886': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jul 2 11:10:51 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 497BD1F48AB6137F
On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:03:58 +0100
Lisi <hantslug@???> wrote:

Hello Lisi,

> Last time I tried, only if you registered. And I get enough spam as
> it is.

As Phil says; not any more. You can do 12 (or is it 15?) searches
without registering. To get more, you need to a) register and b) pay,
since they consider any more than that number o searches per day puts
you in the "commercial use" bracket.

As for the spam side of things, I receive nothing from them (I'm
registered). It's been a while (over two years) since I started using
the site, and can't remember whether mailings were "opt-in" or
"opt-out".

Here, I rarely get more than three SPAM messages a day, but more often
than not, get one or none. OTOH, I've got some pretty severe server
side filtering in place, so most of the dross gets deleted there.

If I disable server side filtering I get, quite literally, thousands of
SPAM messages a day. :-(

--
 Regards  _

Well well well, you just can't tell