[Hampshire] Re: Horizontal Scrolling

Author: Mair
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Re: Horizontal Scrolling

Yellow wrote:
> I am having a problem with horizontal scrolling with my synaptics
> touch pad. It just doesn't work. Initially I couldn't get vertical
> scrolling but I fixed that.

> Looking on the forums I discovered I had to edit Xorg.conf I put the
> line        Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "1"         in it. However that
> had no effect.

> So I typed (I got this on a blog) "syndaemon -d && synclient -l" and
> spotted this: "HorizEdgeScroll         = 0".

> So "synclient HorizEdgeScroll         = 1" then fixed it, but only
> until I next boot up. Any ideas how I can switch this on permanently?

I have just been looking at Yellow's laptop, but am unfortunately not
well-enough informed in the ways of X to help... we have tried moving
the "CorePointer" flag to the "Synaptics Touchpad" in the xorg.conf,
but the HorizEdgeScroll setting in the syndaemon/synclient output
remains at 0. After a little more web
searching we have added a HorizScrollDelta to the configuration,
but ... still no scrolling...

Anyone have any more bright ideas?

Mair

--