Re: [Hampshire] Openmoko Freerunner bulk order

Author: John Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Openmoko Freerunner bulk order
Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 11:05:05AM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
>
>>    I've spoken to HMRC, and phones are zero-rated for import duty. We
>> would still have to pay VAT on the phones themselves and on shipping,
>> though.

>    While I was writing that email, the Openmoko shop opened.

>    Shipping to the UK is $187.07. So:

> 10 Pack:                $3690.00
> Shipping:               $ 187.07
> Subtotal:               $3877.07        £1938.54 (approx)
> VAT:                                    £ 339.24 (approx)
> Total:                                  £2277.78 (approx)
> Per phone:                              £ 227.78 (approx)

>    If you're going to want me to post it to you, add a bit more for
> P&P.

>    Note that the GSM900 version of the phone, which is optimal for the
> UK and Europe, is currently sold out. There's no word on when they'll
> be in stock (but I guess not too long now, and probably faster than we
> can sort out money transfers).

>    Hugo.

Hi Hugo,
    Is this your final offer? I mean that in terms of are you going with
that price? I'm in the  second group of ten so you might not get to me
as yet. I'm happy that it's first come first served. Having said that
I'll send you the money as soon as you're happy with the price and if I
make the ten.

On the postage to me I am planning on doing a tour of England for August
so there is every chance that I could collect it in person ;-)

Thanks a million for organising this

John