Re: [Hampshire] Thread-local storage:anyone got anypointers?

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Thread-local storage:anyone got anypointers?
> Since you mention TLS, is this on a real box, or a VM? In particular
> a Xen VM?

It was in a chroot - I *think* I was running in a Xen VM.

I've rebooted the machine into what was previously my chroot, and the
problem has gone away. I don't know exactly why :-(

> People used to remove /lib/tls on those boxes (since if you
> tried to use the libraries in /lib/tls it would run _much_ slower).

That's interesting; I might try that.

> On Debian you can install libc6-xen instead these days.

I'm not running Debian, though - I'm rebuilding RHEL5 from scratch. Nearly
there, too!

Vic.