Re: [Hampshire] Problem with etch-backports signature?

Author: Simon Capstick
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Problem with etch-backports signature?
Simon Capstick wrote:
> sean@??? wrote:
>> I get the following error when doing a 'aptitude update' on a Debian
>> Etch box. Before I email ftp-master@??? with the problem am
>> I doing something stupid? I have repeatedly run aptitude update and
>> the error persists...
>>
>> Simon C.
>>
>> ---8<--- snip --------
>>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> I suspect your answer lays somewhere down this path:

>> (Check the follow up mail [SOLVED] too)
>>
>> Although why your keys are no longer usable is a mystery - corruption?
>>
>> Sean
>>

> Thanks Sean. Not sure what happened to the keys but the following
> downloaded and installed them as per the thread listed above.
>
> wget -O - http://backports.org/debian/archive.key | apt-key add -
>
> Simon C.

Update: I restored the entire box from a backup and interestingly the
problem didn't reappear as expected. That suggests something bad
happened to the keys on my box today, and there's nothing wrong with the
hardware/disks either. Hopefully just a Debian glitch but if not my
backup/restore appears good.

Simon C.