Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56c94100.hantslug.org.uk.12495': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Aug 5 11:25:00 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
> Try to make novatech and their staff as much aware of linux (ubuntu as
> an easy brand focus maybe?) as you possibly can, with the issue of a
> possible sale and future custom as obvious as possible please?

I think they are quite aware (and have done at least some testing, from
what I gather on their forum) --- hence the blank notebooks being
cheaper than the ones with Windows preloaded!

> On way might be to spend time by going to one of their outlets and
> with their help, using a live CD, and systematically noting what
> works or not.

Last time I was at the Portchester outlet, at least one of their display
notebooks was running Ubuntu (one of the ones I'm typing this on). I'm
sure they'll allow you to lspci, lsmod, etc.

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D