Re: [Hampshire] gallery2.

Author: David Webster
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] gallery2.
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:35 AM, john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:
> Coppermine looks interesting as an alternative to Gallery2. It seems

[...]
> From my pov it isn't 'aptitude installable' (so far as I can tell
> from searching the Debian package site) so I'll not be considering
> using it.

It's been a while since I installed them, but don't you just set up
the requirements (which should be installable by any package manager),
unzip, run the SQL and point your web browser to the install page that
talks you through the rest? It's not a system application as such, so
I wouldn't have thought that a package manager is designed to deal
with them - my knowledge of package managers is rusty (these days I
don't get much beyond yum), but can you install other web apps (e.g.
Joomla) with apt?

The problems I've had while installing them come when the auto config
has problems with stuff (as is likely in Mike's case) if it's not an
exception that is caught it can be tricky to trace them.

David.