Re: [Hampshire] Gallery2 Install problem

Author: Steve Kemp
To: testermike, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gallery2 Install problem
On Mon Aug 11, 2008 at 10:10:43 -0500, Mike Burrows wrote:

> "you have to have the mysql php module installed"

> I am going to ask the same question of the gallery2 forum members but
> did any of you have this issue and what was the solution please?

Glad to see you're coming along. Here's the solution:

    apt-get install php5-mysql

When you see something telling you that "you need to have XXX
package/program/module installed" you can usually determine pretty
easily what you need to install, by searching the available packages.

On your system, for example, you could run:

    apt-cache search php5 mysql

That results, for me, in this:

steve@steve-dom0:~$ apt-cache search php5 mysql
jffnms - web-based Network Management System (NMS) for IP networks
php5-mysql - MySQL module for php5
php5-sqlite - SQLite module for php5
php5-sqlite3 - SQLite3 module for php5

The output gives the package name, and the one line description.
To see the full description you should run "apt-cache show php5-mysql".

I hope that will be useful to you in the future.

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/