[Hampshire] [OT] Pipex Tiscali takeover side-effect

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Pipex Tiscali takeover side-effect
Has anyone had problems with Pipex ADSL lines recently? Especially those
with static IP's? My line has been flapping for a couple of weeks and
after a call to Pipex support was told that the reason for this was due to
additional Tiscali equipment not forwarding or inaccurately resetting
keepalive probes.

We though it was due to our 6 x Solwise 85Mbit home plugs but after
further testing with a null login provided by Pipex and a direct
connection it was not, thankfully.

<aside> My family agreed to go WireFree a few weeks ago and everyone seems
very pleased with the results. The benefits outweigh the disadvantages,
less administration, low-cost (relatively), high security and cable
quality connections, in this case. I am very security conscious, like to
keep things simple/robust and use the line for development and work and so
far so good. I wouldn't enforce this on the average multimedia household.
</aside>

Back to the thread, if anyone has the same problem I'd like to know. No
petitions or demonstrations planned just to spread the pain around a bit.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Quick and low-cost way to make an environment