[Hampshire] Ups

Author: Alastair Biggs
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Ups

Hello everyone

I am working on a Debian Etch machine and I have aqquired a UPS model hp1700 the question I propose is what is the easiest way to get the UPS configured and talking to Etch?

Editing config files via the command line I don't mind but if there is a GUI alternative program for configuring UPS's that would make my life alot easier.

The second question is the user is running Clamwin AV and the program is experiencing a issues when it searches certain directories it is giving me the message UTF8-GB needs to be unset and the user mentioned that the LANG variable needs to be unset to resolve the issue.

Any ideas how I go about this?

Many Thanks

Linux Noob

Ally
Make a mini you and download it into Windows Live Messenger
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354029/direct/01/