Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting, HantsLUG posts and AGM

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting, HantsLUG posts and AGM
Adrian Bridgett wrote:

> October's meeting we will _hopefully_ be back in Southampton in one room

or another but this isn't confirmed yet (Damian's doing some stirling
work to get this sorted).

Thanks Adrian, the new Mountbatten building works to join to Zeppler via
an atrium is on schedule but as is always the case in these circumstances
residual clearing up and population of the new building will, I'm informed
by estates, use up much of the Seminar room space HLUG normally use during
October.

I attempted to locate some alternative space within ECS but rooms (nearly)
large enough are awkwardly located for use by non internal research
groups.

Booking via the University wide system cost's an external group a
significant booking fee to naturally cover extra security time and other
on costs.

I am more than happy to try again for November (certainly December).

Otherwise I think that previous suggestions of hiring space at Jamies, if
the venue is available in October, is the best alternative location, with
plenty of room for talks and breakouts.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher