Re: [Hampshire] Power reduction on a home "server"

Author: Stephen Rowles
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Power reduction on a home "server"
> Stephen Rowles wrote:
>>
>> So I'm running at the slowest speed, which is good :) But I would still
>> be
>> keen to look at underclocking the box to make it use even less power :D
>>

> That's going to depend largely on the motherboard and in particular the
> BIOS. What have you got?

Right... I didn't have time to turn it off last night and look, is it
possible to inquire that from Linux in the /proc tree somewhere? Of course
being the main file server in the house, being responsible for all email,
music etc. finding good spots to turn it off is hard :)

If not then I will attempt to find time to power it down tonight and look
at the boot screen to find out.