Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Nominations for committee
Tony Whitmore wrote:

> I suspect you are being over-cautious. There are dozens (a hundred) LUGs
> in
> the country and few of them even have a constitution, let alone a bank
> account as we do. I suspect none are incorporated entities.

The fact there is a committee and a constitution means there are people in
a legally liable position, if there was no committee or constitution then
there are no committee members legally responsible, do you see what I'm
saying? So for all the other Lug Groups that don't have a committee or
constitution this question is moot.

I think the liability solutions and options open to HL need to be
addressed at some point in the not to distant future? As suggested to
Graham Bleach, this may not be a matter of knowing exactly what could go
wrong, more about choosing a cover all (cheap or free) solution.

Damian

--
Damian L Brasher
http://www.diap.org.uk - Quick and low-cost way to make an environment