[Hampshire] Thunderbird Crashes on Ubuntu Hardy and won't re…

Author: Jack Knight
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Thunderbird Crashes on Ubuntu Hardy and won't restart
It seems to have started happening after the latest package updates. The
machine has been in use since constantly, and thunderbird was kept
running. However, I came back to the machine this morning and found
T_Bird gone. Tried restarting, get the gnome panel "Starting
Thunderbird" button, which then disappears. Tried starting from command
line, which just seemingly hangs. Running under strace spews a lot of
messages about unable to allocate memory, but there is 3Gb in this box
and it's only lightly loaded at the moment.

I've managed to pick up my email by creating a new profile, but there's
lots of rules, extensions and calendar in my old profile which I'd
rather not re-create longhand. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

jfk