[Hampshire] FC9 WPA Wifi pain

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: [Hampshire] FC9 WPA Wifi pain
Hi,

My adventure with FC9 continues and I seem to have encountered a problem with wifi on my Intel 4965abgn wireless card. I started a new job this qeek. There's no wired network at my desk and I can't get online with the office wifi which is secured with WPA:

The card associates and demands credentials then KNetworkManager sits there spinning for a while before demanding the credentials again. /var/log/messages shows wpa_supplicant going from state 0 to 2, returning to state 0 then timing out and dmesg shows the link deauthenticating. It seems to work fine with WEP networks.
This seems to be a known problem but about the only advice is to reboot and select the old kernel in grub. This doesn't fix it for me.

I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

Paul.