Re: [Hampshire] Forwarding Server Email

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Forwarding Server Email
2008/10/7 Philip Stubbs <philip@???>:

> The problem I have is that I used to handle the stuphi.co.uk domain
> email on my own box, along with my website etc. Now I have redirected
> my email only to Google apps, so any external mail to stuphi.co.uk
> goes there. Internal, the machine still thinks that it is
> stuphi.co.uk, and therefore delivers the mail locally.

I recently did exactly this (move to google apps) on my box (running
Ubuntu). I just told my box that it wasn't the end point for mail to
the domains in question. Basically I edited the exim4 config in
/etc/exim4 to make it no longer accept mail for those domains. If you
are using exim then "sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" will prompt
you part way through which domains it is the end point for, just scrub
out the domain(s) that the box should no longer accept mail for.

I also setup my /etc/aliases to have mail go to the alan@popey email
address, and it sends it off to google for me. All works fine.

Cheers,
Al.